Every school year brings change and new opportunities! I want to share some of the things we are excited about at CYD and our schools:
– We are launching digital literacy training in our schools this year, starting at the CYD Career Academy this month. Our goal is to strengthen preparation for college, vocational training, and employment, and young people urgently need a foundation in computer skills to succeed. Today, this is as essential as reading, writing, and arithmetic.
– We’re opening our arms to a new population of immigrant youth, many of whom are asylum seekers from the border. They come to school with intense challenges including housing and language barriers, and we are expanding supports so they can graduate with plans for the future.
– The CYD Career Academy will once again be fully in-person at BMCC for the first time since the pandemic. We will incorporate new healthcare training tracks and are collaborating with Northwell Health on employment opportunities.
– We have a wonderful new generation of Board members bringing their energy and expertise to our mission.
– We are grateful to have new funders this year, including CD&R Foundation, Mizuho USA Foundation, and PwC Charitable Foundation.
– Most of all, I look forward to collaborating with CYD staff and the leadership and students at our three high schools, whose enthusiasm and energy inspire me every day.
Right now, with college application season in full swing, I can feel the hope in the air. We have a busy school year ahead of us! Wishing you all a happy and productive fall,
Your dollars make a difference!
Without the support of each and every one of our individual donors, the stories you read about and the programs that make an impact in the lives of our young people would not be possible. Thank you!