President, CRisoli Consulting
A month ago we updated our name from CDI to Comprehensive Youth Development to better identify what we’ve always believed – that youth are at the center of our mission, along with their families and the world that impacts their lives.
Since that time, COVID-19 has turned the world upside down, not just for the young people and families we serve, but for all of us. With the many changes affecting our schools, CYD staff and partners have come together like never before. Our schools have gone to remote education and CYD is also providing remote services at the same time. Our priorities include the following.
• Working closely with our schools’ leadership to design a work plan that meets the needs of every student. To that end, CYD staff has remote access to all pertinent information to assist students and their families.
• We are identifying and working closely with our most vulnerable clients including students in temporary housing, older youth who are out of work, our immigrant families, and families who are experiencing job loss.
• Our executive team is meeting with our foundation, city, and state partners to make sure we are sharing the most up to date information and support services.
• College and career advisors and student support advisors are conducting meetings via Zoom, Google meet, FaceTime and the telephone – calling students daily to assist them for preparing for life after high school as well as with their present needs.
• Monitoring our finances closely and examining possible impacts from the COVID-19 crisis.
• Engaging and updating our board and working together to plan forward.
Students have now experienced their first week of remote learning, which overall has gone very well. We look forward to using this unprecedented time to grow and to help all those we serve move forward in a constructive and positive way. One way we are doing that is by creating a resource directory that will be continually updated, These resources are meant for all of us – so if you or a colleague, friend or family member have need please share:
We will continue to keep you updated over the next weeks.
Stay safe and healthy.
Michael Roberts, MSW